Friday, November 11, 2011

Even Through the Darkest Days, this Fire Burns...

Hello all, I have to admit it's been a while.................. With that being acknowledged, lets move on.

So, today I want to talk about "Passion".  Passion is a word from the Ancient Greek verb πάσχω (paskho) meaning to suffer. It is a term applied to a very strong feeling about a person or thing. Passion is an intense emotion compelling feeling, enthusiasm, or desire for something.

As an artist this is something that is very relevant to me. I am passionate about my art. I am passionate about creating. It is something that can't be taught or learned. You can't fake it, you can't turn it off, no matter how much you may want to. It is like a fire that burns inside of you. It's something that is inside of you that pulls you towards that "thing". My "thing" is art, creativity, or being creative.

These past few weeks for me have been a bit hard for my family and I. Let me rephrase that, it's been more of a struggle. But we are and have been on the same page and are continuing to move forward. "If there is no struggle, there is no progress." (Frederick Douglass) I'm saying this, to show that everyone goes through hardships and struggles. But for me, I found that even through all of that my fire continued to burn.

Over the years I've been through different things. I've lost people close to me. I've had illness in my body. I've had financial difficulties, etc. But the one thing that has been consistent and a constant in my life is that I've always been passionate about my work. I've always known who I was and what I was meant to do. Sometimes it feels like it's a curse. It feels like it gets in the way of me doing other things. But, I always come back to it.

So, I say all of that to say this... I'm back focused, I'm back motivated and I'm back passionate.

On a much, much brighter note. Although I've been speaking about other artist and creators in my past blogs. I want to showcase them more, give more detail. So, first up I'll tell you about a guy I've been working with named Mark Lawton Thomas. Mark is the writer for a book tittled, "When Farts Had Colors". 

Yes, that is the name and yes, that is what the book is about, the tittle says it all. To give a brief summary, the book is about this kid named Lance Chance. Lance is a good kid who gets bullied by this mean girl named Merry and her sidekicks Fred and Ted. So anyway, they set Lance up to take the blame for a farting in the classroom. Lance later wishes farts had colors so people would know who laid the proverbial egg. It is a great book that addresses bulling in a comical manner.

The link to the site is here  http://www.whenfartshadcolors.com/ You can go order today and be the first on your block to know what would happen if farts had colors.

That about sums up this entry. I will leave with the next few pages to Code Name: Gear (for those of you who are following)  here you go...








There you have it, more with Gear next time. See what happens next!

"When Farts Had Colors" is also available at www.peakcitypublishing.com Once there you can find an assortment of quality books ;)

                                                                 #supporttheindies

All of my works at my online portfolio are available for purchase. I also take commissions. You can always contact me at Easonentertainment@gmail.com My online portfolio is here at www.dmeason.daportfolio.com
 

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/@dmeason

Thank you and as always,
More to Come.

No comments:

Post a Comment