Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Few Random Thoughts

Ok, I just want to talk about a couple of things on this blog. Nothing to heavy just a few things on my mind.

First, lets talk about the "My Tiger Productions" (MTP) My Tiger Productions is something I put together in place of Eason Entertainment. Now, Eason Entertainment is still around, nothing has happened to it. The only thing is the name may change. I'm thinking of  E Square or something like that. Here's the reason why.

A few weeks ago I did a "Google" search of Eason Entertainment and about 5 different companies popped up. A couple of them had the same name, Eason Entertainment. So, I wanted to change my name to something a little more unique. To do so, I went back to my kindergarten days, when I first realized that I have a gift.

I was in class and the teacher wanted everyone to draw. I just sat there and raised my hand I told the teacher I didn't know what to draw. She told me to just look around the class room and draw anything. So, I looked around and along the border of the wall there were cartoon pictures of different animals. I was immediately drawn (no pun intended) to a tiger, so I drew it. My teacher put all of the drawings outside of the class room and back then we would have art contest for each class. The Principal was the judge. But when he got to our class and my drawing, he told the teacher that she couldn't enter the contest it was for the kids. She told him that one of her students drew the tiger and told him my name. I was then called to the Principal's office, I thought I was in trouble and thought to myself that I will never draw again. But, he wanted me to draw the tiger in front of him so he could see for himself. Then he would go get someone else and have me draw it all over.

Later I went home and told my mother about my day. I asked her why was it such a big deal that I drew that tiger? Why was everyone acting the way they were acting? She told me, that not everyone could draw. "You can do something that a lot of people can't do." Now, I've been drawing since I was 3years old. (My mother kept some of the drawings) But, I never thought anything of it. It was something that I did, it was like walking, talking, drawing. So, when she said that to me, I was a little confused and excited. I had been blessed with a gift and blessed to know what that gift was at such an early age. I knew then that I wanted to draw for a living. When someone asked what do you want to be  when you grow up. I would say, a famous artist, without hesitation.


So, I found my original drawing, one with and one without color. (I wasn't the best at coloring back then) Since I finished my children's book I figured that I will be producing more children books and the production company I created for that is MTP  (My Tiger Productions).


Now, I've changed the Tiger a little from the original to make it 100% original and not something that was copied by a five year old. I tried to make it into something a little more marketable and simple. I feel that I've come full circle with "My Tiger". I look forward to putting the logo on the book and taking it to my old school and telling the kids about my story.


One other thing, I wanted to touch on. I received a gift from a fellow artist a couple of weeks ago. His name is Joe Romero www.averagejoeart.blogspot.com  Joe was having something kind of like a trivia game on twitter and I won. So, he completed his drawing and added a little personalized dialogue for me. You can follow Joe Romero on twitter www.twitter.com/@AverageJoeArt 



You can find more of Joe Romero's artwork and T-Shirt designs on his blog listed above.
#supporttheindies


All of my works at my online portfolio are available for purchase, I also take commissions. You can always contact me at EasonEntertainment@gmail.com My on line portfolio is here at www.dmeason.daportfolio.com

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter at  www.twitter.com/@dmeason

Thank you and as always,
More to Come.

2 comments: