Friday, August 5, 2011

Sculptures

Hello, D.M.Eason here and today I want to talk about sculptures. I've been sculpting for a few years now. I started back in 2008. But before that I played around with clay, making different things when I was in College. I was an art major so we did a little bit of everything. But, as far as sculpting, we didn't really do a lot of it, I guess just enough to cover the basics. Fast forward over 10 years later, and I completed my first sculpture.

I've always wanted to see my creations in 3 dimensions.(Toys, or collectibles) So, I sat on my couch and said I'm going to sculpt Bam Boom. I went to the art supply store and bought something called paper clay. An air drying clay that you don't have to bake. Like I said before, I didn't know much about sculpting. But, I knew that I didn't want to have to bake it, I just wanted to sculpt and let it dry. So, with some trial and error involved, I created my first real sculpt.

Bam Boom leader of The Knuckle Heads 

After that I was hooked. I began to sculpt many different things. I sculpted things like characters from TV shows like, Family Guy, Simpson's, and Futurama.


 I also, sculpted other artist drawings. I am a member of deviant art. You can find my deviant page here at www.dmeversion1.deviantart.com As a member, I would see other artist, sculptors, painters and I would and still do get inspired. So, once and a while I will see a drawing that I think would make an awesome sculpture, so I would sculpt it.

Little Juggy

After doing a number of commisions and other pieces, I now know that I love sculpting just as much as I love drawing.  I want to show one more piece that I did. It started off small and keep growing, it is one of my favorites. It stands over 17 inches tall.  It is the 'Man of Steel"


My sculptures are available for purchase, I also take commissions. You can always contact  me at EasonEntertainment@gmail.com  Also, to see more of my works go to my on line portfolio at  www.dmeason.daportfolio.com Don't forget to follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/@dmeason

Thank you and as always,
More to Come.

2 comments: