Thursday, July 28, 2011

Welcome

Hello, my name is Derrick M Eason, I am the founder of Eason Entertainment. I am a husband, a proud father. I am portrait artist, sculptor, painter, illustrator, graphic artist, writer and animator. I'm bringing all of those attributes to Eason Entertainment. I'll get more into Eason Entertainment another time. But, for now I just want to introduce myself.

I was an art major in college, went to animation school and became a certified animator. I've been drawing since I was three and have always wanted to be an artist. When other kids wanted to be a Fireman, or Astronaut. I've always said that I wanted to be an famous artist, I wanted to draw cartoons. My calling in life, even at a young age has always been very clear, I want to create for a living.

While I was in grade school I created my own comic book, called The Robatrons. I would draw on what we used to call typing paper, or copy paper. Then I would staple the pages together and show my friends what I had accomplished. I created 12 issues of The Robatrons and a few other side projects as well. When I was about five years old I met a fellow artist who I've been close to every since. Years later, this artist and I created Sinister Comics Studios. The artist name is Terence Sykes, co-founder of Sinister Studios. When I talk about myself and my journey to achieve my goals as an artist, I have to bring Terence into the conversation. Long story short, we created www.sinistercomicstudios.com We have creator owned, independent, underground comics for sale there.

       The Knuckle Heads #1

        
             The Brood #1 and #2
        S.C.A.R.L.E.T.T.  flip book

While comic books are close to my heart and something that I am always going to enjoy, create and follow. I myself, as an artist came to a decision. I decided to expand my out look on my creativity. I've always been able to do multiple things, like the ones that I stated in my intro. So with that, I've chosen to take some of my tunnel vision focus off of comic books and explore deeper into my other gifts that I've been blessed with. That is when Eason Entertainment came back to the forefront. No longer limiting myself to just comic books, I am also a freelance artist who is available for contract work. If someone wants a charcoal portrait drawn of a loved one, or of anyone, Eason Entertainment is who you would go to. The same goes for pastel drawings, paintings, mural paintings, sculptures, tee shirts designs, logo designs, story boards etc. Samples of most of these works are in my on line portfolio here at www.dmeason.daportfolio.com

So, follow this Blog, cause I have a lot to say. I want to document the rise of Eason Entertainment. As well as my exploits and happenings, as I continue down the path to achieve my goals. The same goals I set forth for myself years ago. To become a famous (successful) artist and create for a living.

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/@dmeason

Thanks.
More to Come.

No comments:

Post a Comment