Friday, August 12, 2011

Six Years in the Making

Hello, today I wanted to post a quick blog entry. I have some what of a work load in front of me. Like I always say, "My plate is full but, I'm still hungry."

I just wanted to fill everyone in on what's been going on with D.M.Eason. This week I finished my children's book. It is a book I wrote about 6 years ago for my son. He at the time was about six months old. While reading a book to him I had the same feeling I had when I got inspired to write  screenplays. I felt as if it was something that I could do and do well. So, I took a shot at it and tweaked it and worked it, until it was the children's book I wanted. Once I finished writing it, I put it on the "back burner" until I finished some other things.

One thing lead to another and before you know it, years pass. So, here I am, I finished the illustrations, inks, colors, lettering and cover. (Finished!) I feel great about it also. I have a number of directions I can take this finished project. So, stay tuned for more info. on where you can see it and or purchase it. But, for now the cherry on top was sitting back and watching my son, who is now 6yrs old, read my book. He sat on my lap, looked at my laptop and read the book to me. That was an Awesome feeling! I really can't say the words that would describe exactly how that feels for me. All I can say is that it was awesome.

Anyway, I can't post a blog without pictures. Although, I can't show you all my children's book right now. I will show you some artwork I've done for other books. Illustrations that I've done for Peak City Publishing www.peakcitypublishing.com  An independent publishing company who's goal is to make their books an experience.  So here you go:



Digital Painting


Graphic Art

Pastels and Charcoals


Pastels and Charcoals


You can find these books and more at Peak City Publishing website listed above. #supporttheindies

All of my works at my online portfolio are available for purchase, I also take commissions. You can always contact me at EasonEntertainment@gmail.com   My on line portfolio is here at www.dmeason.daportfolio.com 

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/@dmeason

Thank you and as always,
More to Come.

No comments:

Post a Comment